The third piece of land donated by Amasa Wilcox was slated for the Islington Burying Grounds, located between the village’s first school and first Methodist church. Although the land was not officially transferred to a Board of Trustees until 1862, it had been used as a non-denominational cemetery since at least 1844. In the northwest corner are two tall monuments – one for Thomas Montgomery and his family, and one for his son William Montgomery and his family. Two rows of Austrian pines that still line the cemetery path were planted in 1910 by William’s daughter, Margaret. Many other old Islington families are also buried here, including the Johnston, Newloves, Dunns, Porritts, Shavers, Wards and more.